linenandlavender.blogspot.com

VISIT OUR NEW SITE: www.linenlavenderlife.com


For whatever reason...


...this photograph really speaks to me.  As it came up in a slideshow I stumbled across, I had a strong emotional response to it and I'm not sure why.

I love these timeworn finishes -the variations of earthy gray browns and slates against the light trim and stone facade in the background- so that explains part of the appeal,  but I sense there is something more going on.    Do you ever have that feeling?  An intuition that something else is at play?  

Lately, many synchronistic events have occurred . . . all leading me to Brittany, a place I've never visited.  

Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs.  

So what is that all about, I ask?  A past life there?  A life there yet to be?...   

Hmmm.   For whatever reason, Bretagne is calling and as Deepak Chopra says, "There is no such thing as a meaningless coincidence."  

I'm settling in to meditation now to see what I can make of this.  

Have a wonderful day!


Recommended Reading:  SynchroDestiny by Deepak Chopra 

The first part of SynchroDestiny focuses on the science that lies behind synchronicities and the Law Of Attraction. If you're looking for a simple, clear explanation of some of the principles of quantum physics and nonlocal intelligence (the field), this is it. Deepak is definitely very skilled in explaining complex concepts in a very user-friendly manner! This section of the book also goes deeply into the concepts of coincidence and intention.

The second part of the book is devoted to the practical exploration of the concepts. These exercises are centered around the process of meditation, using mantras to focus the mind. I found these exercises interesting and useful, although I altered the process of meditation described to fit with my own style of meditating. Deepak's methods may work for him and for others, but I found them to disruptive to my own rhythm, and I therefore had much more success when I integrated his techniques with my own. Don't be afraid to experiment a bit to find what works for you - there is no "one size fits all" size of meditating!

Throughout the book, Deepak makes reference to the ancient Eastern wisdom of Vedanta, which describes much of what quantum physics is only now discovering regarding how the universe functions. In this respect, it is also incredibly interesting to read SynchroDestiny's Appendix A, in which Deepak outlines the principles of the Hermetic tradition, which has its origins in ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt, to illustrate how these principles match those of the Vedanta. Reading these ancient teachings demonstrates clearly that the Law Of Attraction is not new!  -excerpt from a reader's review courtesy of Amazon



image:  unknown source 
-I apologize for the omission and will 
include the credit link as soon as I locate it.  ~lb

visit our new site:



You might also like Aleph by Paulo Coelho





a few of our favorite things

a few of our favorite things
click image to view all items

Italia! per sempre www.linenlavenderlife.com

Be Love.

l&l collection no. 11

l&l collection no. 12 - It speaks to me.

.

. . . . . . .

subscribe

.Subscribe to receive our news and exclusive content by email, www.linenandlavender.net, click image to go to subscription form or go here: http://www.linenandlavender.net/p/follow-or-subscribe.html.

composition ii



Preview PreviewPreview


Fireworks from the Ponte Vecchio

Fireworks from the Ponte Vecchio
Giovanni Signorini (Firenze)

.




.

.Visit our new site: www.linenlavenderlife.com

This = Love



Search l&l:

Translate

At our house:

At our house:
{Cast iron deer plaque used as wall hook} 9.5"x8.5"x3.5" - $29.

Might I suggest?...

Might I suggest?...
Caprese salad is traditionally made with fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese –burrata cheese takes it to a whole new level...

Essential Oils ~ Gifts of Nature

Essential Oils ~ Gifts of Nature
There is something at once familiar and mysterious...

Appennino by Giambologna

Appennino by Giambologna
Between 1568 and 1586 Bernardo Buontalenti built a great palace at Pratolino...

John Saladino Feature

John Saladino Feature
"Every home should be a sanctuary...

Thinking Outside the Box

Thinking Outside the Box
...you'll be greeted by a peaceful storehouse of colors and textures —Feng Shui Heaven!

The Heart of the Home

The Heart of the Home
In art and design, we refer to negative and positive space...

Dream Weavers - Rumi

Dream Weavers - Rumi
I found my dreams but the moon took me away...

Wind and Water

Wind and Water
A balanced living environment generates well-being and a balanced life...

"It's a mystery."

"It's a mystery."
Even when all indicators seem in opposition to what I want...

Rose Tarlow, The Private House

Rose Tarlow, The Private House
...interspersed with enchanting memories of her childhood home "Windrift" and inspiration garnered from the green fields of Ireland to antiquing jaunts in the heart of Paris.

l&l life